Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Time for a Change

Change
I spent 226 days training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I wasn't sure that I would actually be able to do it when I signed up.   I convinced two of my friends to run with me and I wasn't completely convinced that I would cross the finish line.  I ran when it was hot and humid.  I ran when it was raining.  I ran when it was cold.  I ran when I was tired and hungry and mad and happy.  I ran when it was still dark so I would be ready to face the day when my kiddos got up.  I logged hours of training.  I went through two pairs of shoes.  I started to like running.

But now, the race is over.  I've transformed.  I'm a Disney Princess.  I have the medal to prove it.

I'm not done transforming.  I still have a long way to go.  I have races to run.  I have children to raise.  I have my life to live.

I'm not done writing about it.  I just don't think that this is the place to do it.  This blog was meant to document my journey to the Princess Half Marathon.  It has done that.  You followed along with every single run that I did for 7 months.  You saw the good, the bad, the hot, and the ugly.  You read about my great runs and the ones that made me question what I was thinking when I signed up for this race.

You can keep following my adventures on my new blog - Running with the Boys.  It's gonna get crazy over there!

Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment