Sunday, February 17, 2013

4 Days Left


I'm really bad at this....really bad.  But for the last few weeks, my body has been telling me to take it easy.  So, I rested it.  I didn't run on the road.  I stretched and iced and rolled.   Then, when I needed to race, my body let me.  It carried me the 8.68 miles that I needed to go.  After the race, it told me, rather insistently, to rest again.

Let's recap:
  • I was diagnosed with early IT Band Syndrome.  I was told to put some ice on it and take some Motrin.
  • That didn't work.
  • I did everything that I said up there, but then it was time for a race and I had to run on it.
  • I got taped up with KT tape.
  • The leg held up through the race.
Then I took the tape off.  Ever since I took the tape off (2 days after the race, when it was pretty much falling off anyway) my knee has been achy.  I went back to the elliptical and my weight training.  Then I went to Zumba.   I LOVE the teacher for the class I went to.  She's different that the Monday night girl.  This girl is in love with the cumbia.  Cumbia is pretty easy...EXCEPT when your leg is sore because of IT band syndrome.  You put a lot of weight on one leg during the cumbia.  That made the leg hurt all the worse.  So, instead of a nice easy run on this last Sunday before race day, I rested.  The leg doesn't ache so much today.  Before bed, I will stretch and roll.  I am going to baby my leg this week.  I'll get on the elliptical on Tuesday and Thursday (running days), but I'm not going to kill myself.

By this time next week, I will be a half marathoner, having crossed the finish line at the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I can't wait!  I've been training for 222 days so far.  I have 3 days until I leave for Florida and 6 until the actual race.  I've turned into a runner in those 222 days.  

Stay tuned for a packing update and a final race excitement update this week!!

Today's Stats:
Finalized my costume!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment