Friday, February 22, 2013

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Day 2


I can't believe that this weekend is finally here!!  After a scrumptious Mickey waffle for breakfast, we got on the bus to go to the Coronado Springs resort and conference center for the Expo.  We got there just before 9:00 and there was a HUGE line.  Once the doors opened at 9:00, we got in very quickly.  Cinderella's footmen were waiting for us right inside the door.
I actually got this picture on the way out....I had some other priorities.
As soon as I walked in the door, I went to the KT tape booth.  Glad I did.  The line got 10 people deep while I was standing there.  While I was in line, my own Prince Charming went to the Raw Threads booth to pick up my new Belle shirt.  Costume complete!!  After about a 10 minute wait, I got taped up and was ready to pick up my bib.

I waited right here to pickup my bib.  Here's what the rest of the area looked like.  All I could think was that ALL of those people will be starting after me at the race.  

Unfortunately, this was the last part of the expo that was organized and easy.   Disney lost a little bit of the magic at this expo.  From bib pick up, we went to the other side of the room to get our shirts.  It was crowded and unorganized.  They ran out of pre-made bags, so there was a lot of waiting and standing around while they figured out what to do next.  My friend Elizabeth stayed in the shirt line while I went to get the Dooney and Bourke purse that I had preordered.  Thank goodness I preordered it because there was a 45 minute wait to get into the Run Disney merchandise corner and a 2 hour wait to get to the registers.  As much as I wanted my "I Did It!' shirt, I didn't want to spend 3 hours of my day to get it.  After I picked up my purse, I headed back to find Elizabeth.  The other princesses that were standing around us were courteous and fun to talk to, but there was some pushing nudging as people were trying to swim upstream or across the current to try and get to where they needed to be.  It was crazy and I really just wanted to leave to Expo.  I didn't care to see the vendors, I just wanted out of there.  (Luckily, my Prince Charming did some shopping while I did some waiting and bought me a green Sparkle Skirt for the Shamrock.)

On my way out of the Expo, I ran across these guys:
This is Sean Astin.  You may know him from Goonies, Lord of the Rings, 50 First Dates, or, my personal favorite, RUDY! RUDY!!  RUDY!!

This is Jeff Galloway.....of the Galloway Method.  If it weren't for his Run/Walk/Run method, I never would  have been able to finish 13.1 miles.

From the Expo, we headed back to the resort to drop off our stuff and got right back on a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios!  We didn't get to do a lot of the rides because we got there later in the day and the lines were pretty long.   We did our carbo loading at Mama Melrose's and met the mouse himself....
...and the characters from Wreck it Ralph and the Incredibles.  (Mr. Incredible wanted me to put on my superhero mask so I looked like him.)

We ended the day watching the amazing Fantasmic show and then went back for an early night.  I laid out my flat Jessica so I would be ready on race day.  

Today's Stats:
EXCITED!!  No run, but I walked around Hollywood Studios all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment