Saturday, February 23, 2013

Disney Princess Half Marathon - Day 3

Run Disney Marathon

We went on a sneak peek of the castle today.  It was Magic Kingdom day!!  Of course, no Disney day is complete without this:

After breakfast, we got on the bus and made our way to the Magic Kingdom.  We got there in more than enough time to see the opening show. As soon as it was over, we raced to the new Fantasyland.  Our first stop was Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid.  It was AMAZING!  All of the characters looked so real.  Since we were coming back to eat dinner at Be Our Guest, we left to go do more rides.  We did all of the rides in the old Fantasyland (yep, even Small World) and then made our way to the Haunted Mansion,  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  We took a quick break for lunch and then did the Jungle Cruise.  On our way to Tomorrowland, we met a Princess from one of our Facebook groups. Of course we had to get a picture.
We stood in line for Buzz Lightyear and got fast passes for Space Mountain.  Check out my determined face.....too bad I didn't win.
When we were riding the People Mover to kill some time, we realized that Space Mountain was broken.  We gave up on waiting and took the train back to Main Street, got our Fastpasses to see the Princesses, and did a little shopping.  My friend Elizabeth and I went to stake out a spot for the parade while our Prince Charmings went back to check out the situation at Space Mountain.  

As usual, the parade was fantastic.  I love the music and the characters and the floats!  I love to see the faces of the little people when Mickey comes around the corner or their favorite princess waves to them.   

After the parade, we got in line to see Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel.  We got pictures with all of them!  We also found Snow White hiding in the corner right at the front of the park.  She couldn't hide from us!!


From the Princesses, we went to find the next most important thing at the Magic Kingdom....the DOLE WHIP.  We waited about a half an hour for its delicious goodness.  Somehow I had never experienced a Dole Whip before and I was determined to do it this time.  (I tried twice already this day, but the lines were too long!)  When it was finally our turn at the window, we decided on a Dole Whip float.  I couldn't decide on the pineapple whip or the vanilla, but the cast member at the register suggested a swirl.  It was perfect!!  I had a vanilla-pineapple Dole Whip swirl with pineapple juice....it was heavenly.  That is now a MUST DO every single time I go to Disney.  Next time it will be a mid morning snack!

Then we just killed some time and moseyed around until our reservation at the new restaurant Be Our Guest.    What a beautiful place to eat!  As soon as we walked through the heavy wooden doors, we stepped into Beast's castle.  We ate in the ballroom.  It looked exactly like the ballroom in the movie.  I expected Belle to come walking down the stairs and the dancing to start.  The back "window" looked outside and it was snowing.  Just off the ballroom was the West Wing.  It was dark - low lighting, dark fabrics.  The pictures were slashed.  The rose was in the corner, just like it was when Belle found it.  It was beautiful.  We sat down at our table and a red napkin was waiting for us.

The menu has a French flair to it, which means rich sauces.  I tried to make a good choice on half marathon eve and picked pork tenderloin with au gratin macaroni and vegetables.  Because I was breaking one of the cardinal rules of racing (nothing new and exciting for dinner the night before a race), I ate all of the au gratin macaroni (yep, that's a really fancy term for macaroni and cheese....it was DELICIOUS!), some of the pork and none of the vegetables.  I drank water.  Dinner was great, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Dessert is served from a cart that comes to the table.  The choices are mostly cupcakes and mousses.  We didn't get dessert from the cart because my dear friend, Elizabeth had a surprise for us!

We enjoyed the cake and then headed out (past the Castle light show and fireworks) to head back to the resort to go to bed.  We got back to the room at about 8:30 and I was in bed by 9.  All of my stuff was set out and all I had to do was fall asleep.  Of course, I had to get up 50 times to go to the bathroom, but I finally fell asleep at about 10:00.  

Next up.....RACE DAY!!









No comments:

Post a Comment