Monday, July 30, 2012

206 Days Left



Spring weather made an appearance on this Rhode Island summer day!!  I woke up (at 5:40ish), got dressed in my cute skirt and my butter yellow shirt, grabbed my new hand-held water bottle, and headed outside to get my shoes on.  (A few notes - first, YES, this is the same running skirt that caused me some wardrobe issues last week.  Never fear, I bought some BodyGlide this weekend to help with my wardrobe malfunctions.  Second, I bought one of those handheld water bottles...more on that later.)

So, I shook of the chill and got a little excited that it would be a good running day.  I didn't let myself down.  With my legs gliding smoothly with each step instead of sticking and rubbing (thanks Body Glide), I was off on my 2 mile run.  Because of the cool temperatures, I wasn't willing my watch to beep for the entire run.  It wasn't easy just yet, but it wasn't painful.  I could feel that I wasn't slowing down at the end of the run. 

BUT, let's talk about this water bottle.  It seemed like a great idea.  You just slip it onto your hand and off you go....water whenever you need it.  Nobody told me that the water sloshes when you are running.  Nobody told me that the water in the bottle gets hot from the heat in your hand at the end of the run.  Nobody mentioned that the stupid bottle is kind of heavy.  Today, I don't like my bottle so much.  I will try it again on Wednesday.  Maybe I will like it when it is warm again and I really want a sip of water on my long run.

This evening, I went to the top of the hill to walk a mile with another princess.  She is at the beginning of her journey to the castle.  I am honored that she let me take the first steps with her.  She did great and we are doing it again tomorrow! 

My new focus (nope, not the distance, not the speed, not the training) is my playlist.  I need about 4 hours of music......30 - 45 minutes of pre-race music and 3 1/2 hours of running music.  I am going to throw in some Disney favorites for the race because that's fun.  I am open to suggestions for songs to go between the Disney ditties.  What's your favorite running song?


Today's Stats:
2.2 miles in 27.40 minutes (12.5 minute mile)

1 comment:

  1. The water bottle: I only take it on longer runs because I don't like the sloshing either (maybe your new playlist can cover that up), but I do enjoy the water. I didn't notice it warming up, but maybe I was just too glad to have a drink that I didn't notice:)
    My running song list is old, but these always seem to make it on:
    Eminem, Green Day, All American Rejects, Crazy Train. Bringing Sexy Back is a good pre-race song :) Brian says Neon Trees is good to run to.

    ReplyDelete