Thursday, July 19, 2012

217 Days Left

My dear, sweet wonderful husband bought me a Timex Ironman watch that will time intervals for me.  So, if I am running for 90 seconds and walking for 60 seconds, it will beep at me after 90 seconds and then beep again after 60 seconds.  This amazing watch will do this beeping over and over for my entire run.  I don't have to look at it.  I don't have to curse it.  I don't have to will it to get to the right time.  It just beeps....all on its own.  It is a wonderful invention.  I was so excited to try out my new watch, I jumped stumbled out of bed at 5:45 this morning so I could go try it out.  I was even inspired by my friend Jen to add a mile and run 3.1 this morning.  Here was the problem - I think it's broken.  As I got further into my run, the 90 second interval seemed to get longer and the 60 second interval seemed to get longer.  It makes me a little scared to bump up my running to 2 minutes....the watch might get confused and make me run forever.

I returned to running with my tunes today.  They music was quiet enough that I could hear the watch beep.  I am thinking that I need to revisit my playlist.  I am not smart enough to figure out my iPod, so I have junk on there that I don't want and isn't good music to run to (imagine trying to run to the Star Wars soundtrack that I downloaded for my kids' birthday).  I am open to suggestions.

Today's stats:
3.1 miles in 44 minutes (14.1 minute mile)
Beautiful weather - low humidity, cloudy skies
6 minute cool down walk with the dog so he would stop barking

No comments:

Post a Comment