Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Registration Day....226 days left

Well, I did it.  I registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February.  I thought that I was going to throw up the entire time that I was filling out the information, but I did it.  The other wonderful ladies in my group registered too, so now it's real.  We are going to run 13.1 miles....for fun. 

I don't consider myself a runner.  I am a person who (sometimes) runs.  I'm slow and I make it look like work, but I do it.  As scared to death as I am about this race, I am also very, VERY excited.  I am thinking about what to wear (probably all yellow for Belle....my favorite princess!!).  It's going to be a long road to the race, but it's going to be worth it.  I am planning to follow the Jeff Galloway training program.  It formally starts in October, so I am just going to get in the habit of running until then.  I don't have any races planned in the near future, but since I will be in training, I will probably run a few 5K races in November and December.  No promises.

Since this is my road to Cinderella's Castle, here are my running "stats" for today:
Tuesday, July 10
6:20am - 64 degrees, sunny skies, low humidity
Ran/walked 2.1 miles
5 minute warm up, 20 minutes run 2 min/walk 1 min, 6 minute cool down
14 minute mile

No comments:

Post a Comment