Tuesday, July 24, 2012

212 Days Left

The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.  When I got up and started to get dressed, I noticed that flashes of light were coming through the window.  Not like the neighbors turning their porch light on and off....nope, this morning we woke up to Mother Nature's temper tantrum.  So, I did what any other runner would do....I got back into bed. 

When my eyes opened up again, it was 6:00 and the storm had passed.  I finished getting dressed (Yep, I had gone back to bed in my running shorts and socks) for my run and hit the road.  I really hit the road this time....I ventured out of my protective little neighborhood.  I ran the loop in the neighborhood and then went out for a mile to a campground and then a mile back.  I should have taken pictures because this was the first and last time that I will take my life into my hands and run on that road.  There is a LOT of traffic.  Most of the drivers were very courteous and scooted into the other lane to give me some space.  I just didn't like it.  I can cover the same distance with a prettier view just in the neighborhood.

I did make one other discovery this morning.  I am not quite ready for running shorts.  I threw on a pair because it was too humid for capris and I quickly learned that I had made a gross error in judgement.  They fit funny during the running intervals and made my legs rub.  Obviously I had too much leg and not enough shorts.  I went out and bought a running skirt, so hopefully that will fix the problem.

Today's stats:
2.7 miles in 36 minutes
13.3 minute mile

No comments:

Post a Comment