Thursday, July 12, 2012

224 days left

Today was a running day.  I am still working up to being a "runner."  When the alarm went off at 6:00am, I said some ugly words.  I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.  I asked my husband if I could just get up and run tomorrow.  Then, I pushed the covers off, sat up, and got out of bed.  I put on my running clothes, got on my shoes, turned on my iPod, and opened the front door.  I wish that I could tell you that I had my fastest run ever or that I got started and forgot that I wanted to stay in bed.  If I said that, I would be lying.  My inside voices were cursing my friend who has become the motivator of our Princess Team.  My inside voices were whining that it was hard.  My inside voices were saying that there is no way on earth that I will be able to finish 13.1 miles.  But, 30 minutes later, I was finished.  It was hard.  For whatever reason, it was uphill both ways today.  I was tired and I hated it, but I did it.  I got my Thursday run in and my training is on track. 

The next hurdle is a 5K on Sunday morning.  It's a hurdle because it's a Color Me Rad run.  I am taking my husband and three children with me.  The big boys are 5 and 3 miles is still a little much for them.  The baby is 15 months old and will be in the stroller.  People are going to be throwing colored dust at us.  Everyone is going to be whining.  We aren't going to run much....just through the color, but we are going to do it....as a family.  I am counting it as my long run for the week. 

Today's stats:
5 minute warm up walk
90 seconds running/1 minute walking for 23 minutes
6 minute cool down walk
2.1 miles before the cool down in 28 minute = 13.6 minute mile
2.25 miles after cool down in 34 minutes = just at a 15 minute mile

No comments:

Post a Comment