Saturday, July 14, 2012

222 Days Left

I didn't run today, but I did get up at 5:15am to go to Jamestown to help at a water stop for the Jamestown Half Marathon.  It was pretty amazing.  I had never worked a water stop before and I had never been to a half marathon before.  It was amazing!!  There were all sorts of people going all sorts of speeds.  We had the water stop at mile 12.  The first runner passed us at 1 hour after the race began.  He didn't even look at us at the water stop.  He just kept right on going.  The last man passed us at 3 hours and 15 minutes after the race began.  We waited for him.  We cheered for him and he kept going.  It was obviously hard work for him, but he did it.  He finished 13.1 miles.  He was even cheerful about it.  I was in awe of his strength.  He gave me hope.  If he could walk 13.1 miles in about 3 hours and 45 minutes, then there is a chance that I can finish without getting picked up by the Loser Bus at Disney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment