Sunday, August 26, 2012

179 Days Left


   

It was a day of running fails.  

RUNNING FAIL 1: I got lost.  Well, I guess I didn't get lost exactly because I knew where I was.  The problem was that I wasn't where I was supposed to be and I wasn't where I thought I was going.  I mapped my run last night and then, this morning, when the (shoe) rubber met the road, I didn't make a turn like I was supposed to.  Because I didn't make that turn, I didn't get into the neighborhood that I was expecting to be in.  So, I had to adjust.  I ended up on the OTHER side of the neighborhood.  I had to run up the MAIN ROAD....you know, the road where there are a bazillion cars driving at a million miles an hour.  The icing on the cake - there are no sidewalks on the MAIN ROAD.  I took my life into my own hands to get home.  Luckily, I didn't get hit by a car.  

RUNNING FAIL 2:  I came home to map the run I did instead of the run I planned.  It was a quarter mile short.  My 4 mile run was 3.76 miles. 

RUNNING FAIL 3:  I extended my walking interval twice today.  So, when I should have only walked for one minute, I walked for 4 minutes and 15 seconds.   And I did this twice.  (I was hot and I was "lost" and I was over it.)

RUNNING FAIL 4:  I didn't push myself through the suck today.  I gave in to it.  I extended the walking interval (see Fail 3). I probably walked slower than I normally do.  I know that I ran slower.  I let the sweat and the heavy legs and the missed turn get to me.  When I heard the running beep, I waited a bit before I started to run.  I didn't run when I got back to my neighborhood.  I walked home.  

But, there were some running wins too.

RUNNING WIN 1:  I had feeling in my toes for 3.76 miles.  My toes didn't fall asleep!  Maybe my new shoes and I are starting to get intimate.

keep on keepin' on!RUNNING WIN 2:  I got back home.  I kept going (albeit at a more of a walk than a run) when I realized that I wasn't in the right spot.  I made the adjustment and finished.

RUNNING WIN 3:    The knees seem to be holding up.

Today's Stats:
3.76 miles in 51.38 (13.6 minute mile)
...and one day I am going to be super fast.  You just wait and see.  


1 comment:

  1. You forgot the biggest running win: You did it! Great job. Great inspiration. Glad you didn't have tingly toes:)I'm feeding Russ ribs tonight (if there are any left after I dig in).

    ReplyDelete