Sunday, August 5, 2012

200 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon

So yesterday I got hurt.  I don't know when or how I did it.  My legs were tired, but not sore after the Royal Run.  We had breakfast and then I came home to get ready for the packers.  I put my knee up on my bed to crawl across it and realized that something was wrong.  (Side note - I do not usually crawl across my bed for fun in the middle of the day.  My master bedroom is SO small, that there was a box in the floor and the only way that I could get to the other side was to move the box or crawl over the bed.  Crawling across the bed was supposed to be the easier option.)  When I put my knee down, it hurt....kind of a lot.  I pulled up the leg of my hanging out at my house capris to find a swollen knee.  Let's be honest, it looked like an elephant knee.  It was tender on the sides of the knee caps and on the back.  It didn't hurt (too much) to walk, but going up and down the stairs was a little tender.  I took some Motrin and threw a bag of frozen peas on it.  (Hey, we are cleaning out the freezer....the peas were headed to the trash.  I just recycled them for a good use.)  I iced it again after I walked down the hill from driveway cocktails at Princess Natalie's.  It was a little tender to put pressure on it but I hoped that sleep would make it go away.

My running fairy godmother granted my wish!!  I woke up this morning to a normal sized knee and only a little tenderness.  Walking was fine but the I could feel it on the stairs.  I am taking today off from running.  (Which is fine.  It is a rest day anyway AND the packers come tomorrow.)

Here's a toast to my first athletic injury!  And, since pain is weakness leaving the body, I am a little stronger today than I was yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment