Thursday, August 16, 2012

189 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon

Borrowed the picture from my friend Jen.  Check out her blog:
http://luebbertcircusrunning.blogspot.com
Runners are crazy.  It's 75 degrees with 90% humidity at 6:00 in the morning.  The sun is just coming up.  There is a gorgeous sunrise just over the dune. The ocean is crashing onto the sand just a football field away.  I lace up my running shoes, walk down our little street to the big street and it's like a super highway of runners, walkers, bikers, and people walking their dogs.  What makes it crazy is that all of these people are on vacation.    Instead of drinking a cup of coffee on the deck and enjoying the view or sleeping in, these fools are out running.  I just wanted to look at them and say, "Dude, you are on vacation." 

This year, I was one of the crazy ones.  I got up early during vacation and went running.  It wasn't a terribly long run...that's for Saturday, but it was a run.

Today's stats:
2.1 miles in 26.25 minutes (12.5 minute miles)
*There was a headwind for the second mile.  It slowed me down a little, but I was grateful for the breeze.

1 comment:

  1. Your tenacity is amazing--running during your move and while you're on vacation--You rock!

    ReplyDelete