Friday, August 3, 2012

202 Days Left

**WARNING - WHINE AHEAD**

Wow!  It is HUMID in Rhode Island today.  It didn't cool down much over night and I woke up to condensation on the windows.  That is NEVER a good sign.  I walked outside and really wanted to go right back in.  It's the kind of humid where you can't catch your breath on the walking intervals.  It's the kind of humid where the sweat and subsequently, your clothes, just stick to you.  It's the kind of humid where you just can't cool down. 

It was not a good running day.  I was slow.  My legs were fighting me at the end of the run.  My lungs were screaming for the entire time.  But, it's done. 


**Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....**

My neighborhood is one big hill.  I live at the bottom of it.  No matter which way I turn when I leave my house, I have to go up a hill.  I have figured out the perfect path to minimize the UP and maximize the DOWN. (Today, I switched things up.   I did the end of my run at the beginning and then finished the run in the "right" order.  It's a little trick that I play with myself.  If I do the inner loop before I do the outer loop, then I can just run home when I can see my house.  Pretty slick, if I do say so myself.  However, this genius tactic has me running uphill instead of just finishing up my warm up walk.)  No matter where I start, I have to get up there somehow.  So, at the tip top of the hill, where there is nowhere else to go but down, I do an internal happy dance.  I tell myself (sometimes out loud....don't judge) that I did it!  I made it to the top.  It's all downhill from here.  I'm sort of going to miss that hill.  Our new neighborhood in Virginia is pretty flat.  I'm going to have to find something new to get excited about.

Today's stats:
2.2 miles in 30.34  (13.8 minute mile)
At this rate, it's going to take me 3 days to finish a half marathon.

Looking forward to going to run with the other Princesses tomorrow morning.  It will be our last time together before I run off into the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment