Friday, August 10, 2012

195 Days Left

Well, we got to Virginia.  As promised (to myself), Friday was going to be a running day.  So, at 5:30 am....in the morning, I woke up.  It was dark.  Not, oh, there is the sun coming over the horizon, but it's still the middle of the night dark.  Seems that Rhode Island is a little further east than Virginia, so it gets light earlier there.  I wanted to stay in bed...who runs in the dark?  But, I got up and got going.   I decided that it stays dark in Virgina to allow runners to get through their runs before the sun comes up to melt your face off.  It was 74 degrees with 93% this morning.  It was sticky.  It's supposed to be 93 degrees with a real feel temperature of 99 today.  Glad I got up early.
 
It was my first run in my new old neighborhood.   Why new old?  We've lived here before.  I've run here before.  But, we are back so it's new.  I'm a "serious" runner now, so that's new too.  I'm training for something.  That's REALLY new.  Hence new old. 

Some things about my new old route:
1.  It's a big loop.  From the end of my driveway (or my parents' driveway since that is where we are staying until our stuff comes to our house at the other end of the loop), it's 0.86 miles around and right back to the driveway.
2.  It's flat.
3.  I know every single person in every single house.  I've known them since I was 5 years old.  I will always see someone that I know while I am out running.  Today was no exception. 
4.  It did not make me any faster.  I thought I would be able to blame my slowness on the hills in Rhode Island.  Now I don't have an excuse.  I'm just slow.  It's okay.  Forward is a pace.
5.  I am going to have to find a place to do long runs.  3 times around the neighborhood was enough. 

Today's stats:
2.58 miles in 33.27 minutes  (12.8 minute mile)

1 comment:

  1. I like "forward is a pace"! Great job getting up. I am so impressed you are running during your move.

    ReplyDelete