Thursday, January 17, 2013

35 Days Left


Doesn't THIS
Adrenaline GTS 13
Look a lot like THIS???
Pinned Image
 
In case you are wondering, that glass slipper on top is going to carry me across the finish line of the Disney Princess Half Marathon in just over a month.  My other shoes aren't that old.  There are about 200 miles on them.  But, when I bought them way back in August, the saleswomen suggested that I break in a new pair right before the race.  It seemed silly then.  However, way back in August, I was registered for 1 half marathon.  I wasn't even sure I would be able to finish that one.  My how things have changed.  Today I am registered for 3 half marathons and the last thing I want in the middle of all of that is to have to break in new shoes.  So, I jumped the gun a little and bought them before I hit 500 miles.  Oh well.  Now I have 2 pairs of shoes to work with......like real running people.
 
While we are on that topic.....the real running people topic.....let's talk about these new shoes for a minute.  They are Brooks running shoes.  That may not seem to exciting to most people, but to me it makes me real.   REAL runners wear Brooks running shoes.  They are in both Runner's World and Running Magazine every.single.month.  I mean, my Asics were bought a running store, not at Target, so that was "real," But now I have a pair of BROOKS.  Let's follow the logic - If A=B, then B=C.  Fast people wear Brooks (A).  I now wear Brooks (B).  Therefore, I must be fast (C).  Hey, a girl can dream.
 
Since I bought new shoes today and I am running forever on Saturday, I thought that I needed to go for a run in my new shoes today.
 
Pinned Image
 Epic Failure.  I planned all week to run today.  I didn't run on Tuesday.  We spent the weekend with the pukes at our house.  I was dealing with that on Tuesday.  I also couldn't take my sicko children to the Childwatch at the Y.  No run.  That left today.  I woke up this morning feeling queasy and with sharp pains in my stomach.  (So, I went shopping....great plan.)  I came home and nothing had come of the yucky feelings, so I still planned on the run.  It's cold and wet and rainy, so I didn't want to run outside and I really didn't want to tempt the fates and end up throwing up all over the Y gym.  So I ran on my treadmill.
 
Have I mentioned how much I hate the treadmill?  I got going and felt pretty good.  5.5 mph running for 3 minutes, 4.0 mph walking for 1 minute.  I was able to keep that up for exactly 12 minutes....then I starting sweating and panting and getting dizzy and  feeling puky.  So I slowed to a 3.5 mph walk. When the room stopped spinning and the tummy stopped gurgling, I tried a 5.2 mph run and a 3.7 mph walk.  I kept slowing down until I was a 5.0 mph run and still felt yucky at the walking time.  (Amazingly, I felt okay during the run.....stopping made me feel sick.) After 2 miles of this, I called it quits.  (Plus, my baby has vaulted out of his bed and came upstairs to join us, which prompted screaming from his brothers.  No nap = no run.)
 
All in all, 2 miles is better that nothing.  The pukes better come soon if they are going to come or just pass me by.  I have 14 miles to run on Saturday.  Then my long runs are done and it's taper time for the next month until the Princess. 
 
Today's Stats:
2.25 miles in 30 minutes  ( 13.3 minute mile...considering how bad I felt on that treadmill, I'll take it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment