Tuesday, January 8, 2013

44 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
I was a little worried about today's run.  It was the first run after my 12 mile run this weekend.  It took me every bit of 2 days to stop being sore after that run, so I wasn't quite sure what today would hold.
 
My life is hectic....but, really, is there a mom who doesn't have a hectic life?  In order to get my run in today, I knew that I would have to go to the YMCA and put my kiddos in Child Watch.  Since the big boys had swimming lessons this afternoon, it was most logical to run in the afternoon....just before swimming lessons while we had to be there anyway.  I figured that I would have to use the treadmill even though it was a BEAUTIFUL, 60 degree winter day.   
 
After I got everyone loaded up in the car and into the Y, I discovered that I can run outside while the kids are in Child Watch as long as I have my phone on me.  I took advantage of the gorgeous day and ran outside.  It was a new route on a sidewalk along busy streets and then through some quiet neighborhoods back to the Y.
 
Amazingly, it felt really good.  I thought that I was plodding along until I looked down at my watch and realized that I was actually going pretty fast (for me).  I am a little sore after the run tonight.  I am not normally sore after short runs, so maybe I overdid it a little.  But, all in all, if was a good run.  It felt good.  The intervals weren't too hard.  I was a great day for a run.  I'm glad I got out there and I got my run in.  
 
Running win today!
 
Today's Stats (from the Garmin):
2.78 miles in 32:50 (11:50 minute mile)
Some fun facts:
*Average pace - 11:50 min/mi.
*Average moving pace - 9:07 min/mi.  (Not sure why there is such a discrepancy, but it's a glimmer of fast.
*Best pace - 7:52 min/mi.  (If only I could keep this up for longer than a second or two!)
 

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe we're all so close! You're doing great - my 12 mile run is this weekend and I'm sure I am going to be feeling it later! :)

    ReplyDelete