Friday, January 4, 2013

48 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
 
I am seriously hoping this is true.  Yesterday was supposed to be my running day.  As usual, I had a lot going on.  To ensure that I ran as scheduled, I got dressed first thing in the morning in my running clothes.  I even wore my running shoes to the commissary.  (I NEVER wear my running shoes out and about.  I wear my running shoes to run.  I have my old running shoes for out and about.)  I planned my dinner so I could run when my husband got home from work and dinner was cooking in the oven.  I would get home from my run and pull dinner out of the oven with a smile.  (Just add pearls and high heels and I am June Cleaver.)  Then my husband was late coming home from work.  I still pulled dinner out of the oven with a smile, but I didn't get the run in beforehand.  After dinner, we got the boys to bed and I was done.  I was sit on the couch, don't even talk to me about the fact that we have a treadmill upstairs done.  I felt a little bad about it.....just a little.
 
This morning was a new day.  I had to get my run in.  I got up, got dressed, got my kids to the bus and then got going.  It was a little chilly this morning.  Chilly enough that I put on a sweatshirt over my running clothes (but not so chilly that I didn't get roasty hot after about a mile.)  Since I was a couch potato yesterday, I had to keep today's run short so my legs didn't get too tired for tomorrow's long run.  (That's the line I am using anyway.  I could sell it in a couple of ways....I was cold (and then hot), I was hungry, I just didn't really want to do it....a number of reasons excuses.)  I did get a mile and a half in.  That's why I am hoping that fairytales (and half marathon finishes) come true one mile at a time.  Because sometimes, I only have a mile in me.
 
Today's Stats:
1.54 miles in 23:04  (14:58 minute mile)
A few notes about today's run:
*I walked the full 5 minute warm up because it was cold and I sort of woke up and got going. Normally I walk about 3 minutes to warm up.
*I stopped and talked to my mom while she was out getting her newspaper.  That ate about 3 minutes.  (I am not sure how I can or even if I can pause the Garmin.)  If you take off the talking time, the new stats are 1.54 miles in 20:04 or a 13.0 minute mile.  That sounds a little closer to accurate.
 
Get ready for tomorrow.....12.5 miles.  It's going to happen. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Do you upload your runs to Garmin Connect? I realized on my last run that once I upload to Garmin Connect it will give me my moving time vs. elapsed time which is helpful since every time I try to pause my Garmin FR 10 I accidentally end the workout.

    ReplyDelete