Thursday, January 31, 2013

21 Days Left

I am a runner.

It's true.  I am a runner.  Sometime in the past 6 1/2 months, it happened.  I am a runner.  I like to run.  (Don't get me wrong.....there are days when I don't like to run.....days when it is hard....days when I am no good at it.....days when I am slower than usual....days when it hurts.)  The way I know that I am a runner is because today, when I can't run, I want to.  I really want to.  It's been beautiful in Virginia for the past few days.  All I wanted to do was put on those fancy new running shoes and get running.  

My run on Sunday irritated my IT band.  I rested on Tuesday.   Yesterday I couldn't put weight on it when I got out of bed.  Today, it was fine.

I didn't want to chance irritating it again.  But, I had to so something.  I got into my gym clothes, packed up the baby, and headed to the Y.  My plan was to make an appointment for an orientation to the weight machines and then head upstairs to get a couple of miles in on the elliptical.  As usual, my plans changed.  There was an opening in the schedule, so the trainer was able to fit my orientation in today.  I got a mile in on the elliptical.

Now I have a plan for weight training.  I know that I can get some mileage in on the elliptical.  I think I can make my leg healthy for the Princess.

Today's Stats:
1 mile in 11:30 (Obviously that is an 11:30 minute mile.......obviously I am fast on the elliptical.)

PS - Thanks to all of my running friends for their advice on this IT Band mess.  The advice that they have given totally trumps "Motrin and ice....you aren't going to die from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment