Friday, November 9, 2012

104 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
 
For whatever reason, the short runs have become a pain.  The hubby went back to work, which means that my prime running/shower/breakfast time is lost because I had to stay home with the baby.  Evenings are out because it gets dark at lunch time these days.  Afternoon runs are still a possibility - IF there is adult supervision for the monkeys for a little while.  We can't go to the gym because the baby has to nap and then dinner and then....and then....and then.   It's a laundry list of excuses.  They are legit excuses, but excuses just the same.  That's why my second short run this week was today instead of yesterday.  But, I did it and I got my two short runs in the week. 
 
Today was another run in the neighborhood.  And, my walking neighbor was out again today.  I had to laugh because he was in his heavy winter coat, complete with hat, and probably gloves.  I couldn't tell because his hands were stuffed in his pockets.  As for me, I was wearing my cropped running pants and my long sleeved race shirt from the Wicked.  I was a little chilly waiting for the bus, but I warmed up after a while.  Because we were both out this morning and he was about 1/2 mile ahead of me because of the bus and my route, I made it my goal to catch him.  He's a sneaky one....sometimes he repeats a court or two before he keeps going.  He did this when I was on the other end of the neighborhood.  Then, I did some repeats to trick myself into thinking that I was almost done.  I did this when he was on the other end of the neighborhood.  Finally, as I came back into my court for the homestretch, there he was.  I was determined to catch him before I got to my house to end my run.  It took 2.58 miles, but I caught up with him in front of my driveway. 
 
It's the little things that keep you motivated. 
 
This was the high school algebra problem from hell.  If Runner is running 2:30 minutes and walking 1 minute while Walker is walking at a constant pace, how long (or far or whatever) will it take for Runner to catch up with Walker?  Yep, you will have nightmares of solving for X tonight.  You are welcome.
 
In other news, running in the morning with my cool new RED running sunglasses and my headphones rocking my favorite running tunes, some of my other senses come out of hiding.  I am always had a pretty sharp sense of smell (even more so when I am pregnant....which I am NOT), but the nose had been picking up man smells in the mornings.  It always happens in the same place - right in front of the house where my brother's friend lives.  I've seen the guy leaving for work when I am on my way up the road to home, so I figured that he was heavy handed with the cheap cologne and it lingered in the air when he brought something to the car.  It made me chuckle and hold my breath at the same time.  Well, mystery solved, my friends.  I smelled it again today when I passed walking neighbor coming down the street while I was going up the street.  I think the man smell was coming from him.  And knowing what I know about him, it was probably not cheap cologne.  I apologize to any cologne that I offended by calling it cheap. 
 
Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in 31.25 (12.1 minute miles)
 


1 comment: