Tuesday, November 20, 2012

93 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
It's a big running week for me.  I have a 10K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day and a 9.5 mile long run this weekend.  So, today I did a little run.
 
I'm still chasing the feeling I had a few weeks ago....when every step was easy.  That has not been the case.  Today wasn't hard.  I wasn't waiting for the watch to beep or cursing the steps.  I was just running when it was time to run and walking when it was time to walk.  It just wasn't easy.   It wasn't terribly fun either.  It was a running day, so I ran.
 
It's hard to get back into a running schedule when you've gotten off schedule.  I've been doing my runs every week.  (Well, except last week.  I only did 2 runs last week.  I missed my "long" run.  It was only supposed to be 3 miles, so I am not too devastated about it.)  I just haven't been running in the mornings.  It was hard to get going again. 
 
You see, my husband is my biggest cheerleader for this running thing.  He does whatever he can to help me get my runs in.  He makes breakfast on Saturday mornings.  He reminds me to take out my running clothes.  He makes sure my race bibs are straight on my shirt.  He has started a job with a crazy schedule.  That crazy schedule has him at work during my running time or asleep during my running time.  So, I am left to find someone to watch the monkeys.  Who wants to do that at 7:00 on a Saturday morning?? 
 
Yeah, I have a treadmill.  Yeah, I have a membership at the Y.  I don't really have an excuse.  I should be able to get my runs in, but I don't.  I'm losing motivation for the short runs.  Intellectually, I understand that the short runs are training for long runs.  I get that.  I know why the short runs are important.  It's just hard for me to want to go out and do them.  I'm fine with the long runs.  I plan for those all week.  Everyone knows they are going to happen and what that means for the family.  The short runs just sort of happen.  There is a vague outline of how it's going to work, but no real plan. 
 
Hubby is home this week.  I can run when I am supposed to. That helps me get back on track.  He works during the middle of next week.  That has the potential to derail the plan.  My goal for the week is to have a plan.  I need to know how I am going to get my runs in.  The holidays are always crazy at our house, but training can't stop.  I have just over 3 months until this half marathon.  Then I have 1 (maybe 2) right after.  There is not rest for the runner in training.
 
Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in 31.14 (12.0 minute miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment