Sunday, December 23, 2012

60 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
I looked for any reason in the world to skip my run today.  It was supposed to be short since I attempted my long run on Thursday.  I got up early with the baby, so I was tired.  The plan was to run right after church  When I got home, my husband was just waking up, so we got to talking.  Then it was lunch time.  Then I just didn't want to.  One of the big boys told me to stay home and snuggle with him on the couch.  How can you resist that???
 
Then I started to feel some guilt.
 
So, I got dressed.  Since I waited so long to get moving, I couldn't run for very long, but I could get my usual short run in.
 
Pinned Image
 
Once I got started, I didn't want to stop.  My legs felt like they had the 11 miles in them that I couldn't finish on Thursday.  I wasn't trying to go fast, but it felt good to go.
 
It was a beautiful day to run.  I was in long sleeves, but I could have worn short sleeves and been comfortable.  I also got to see the new baby girl down the street.  (I'm having serious baby fever, but that is another post for another blog.)
 
Unfortunately, the watch stopped me today.  I would have liked to keep going, but my husband had to go to work.   If I wanted a shower, I had to go in. 
 
I took some great advice after my long run fail the other day.  I read through my previous posts and I really have come a long way.  I'm not going to qualify for Boston any time soon, but I am going to run a half marathon two months from today.....and another 3 weeks after that.....and another 5 weeks after that.....and I am toying with another 4 weeks after THAT.  I have already registered for 6 races in 2013 and I am planning to run in every race put on by a local running company so I can get a special gift (and 5 more medals!) at this time next year.   My typical short run is 2.5-3.5 miles.  My running interval is up to 2:45 and I could probably push it up to 3 minutes.  I was able to submit a time to runDisney that should move me out of the last corral.  I have almost put enough miles on my shoes to need a new pair.  I don't whine about how hard it is too much.  I finally got a good finish line picture at the race a few weeks ago (only to find out that it costs WAY too much to buy it).  I actually look forward to my running time, even if I don't think I want to go.  It's not getting easier, but I am getting better. 
 
Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in  31.28 (12.1 minute mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment