Thursday, December 13, 2012

70 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
 
We lost a princess last night.  I am heartbroken.  I shouldn't be, but I am.  My Princess friend, Jen, decided that it is not the right time for her to run the Princess Half Marathon.  In fact, she decided that it is not the right time for her to run at all.  She wrote all about it over a Running @ Forty-One.   It seems like Rhode Island makes her sick.  It's also tundra cold up there from about October 1st until June 1st (or even later).  It's hard to run in the tundra cold.  She made the decision that is best for her.  I'm glad that she is going to be happy with her fair weather running.   But, I am still sad.  I was looking forward to running with her.  I do hope to see her during the weekend because she is going to be in Florida anyway.
 
On the other side of the emotional spectrum, I found out some GREAT news yesterday!!  I was accepted into the Inaugural Nike Women's Marathon in Washington DC.  It's 13.1 miles, not a full marathon.  It was also a lottery registration, not a first come, first served registration.  There are people that didn't get in.  But, I did!  And so did Princesses Elizabeth and Jennifer.  Not only do we get to run another half marathon together, but we also get a Tiffany necklace at the finish line.  Yes, please!
 
Running partners come from all over.  I have my Newport Princesses who I can run with in spirit.  We stay connected through our super secret Facebook page.  I also have my Moms Run This Town running ladies.  I have yet to actually make it to a group run, but one day I will and it will be great to run with them.  They have been familiar faces at races.  It's always great to have people to talk to as you are waiting for the start.  Then there are the Princess Half Marathon Facebook pages.  Those ladies are a hoot.  I am hoping to meet some of them in Florida.  Even though my actual runs are solo, I still share them with these different groups.  They celebrate my victories with me and pick me up when I have had a bad day.  It makes this adventure easier and I am so thankful for them all.
 
It's a low mileage week.  I went a little extra today because I ran an extra lap for Jen.  (Pouring a drink for my homies just didn't seem appropriate....the extra lap did.)  I was almost as fast as her!
 
Today's Stats:
3.44 miles in 40.39 (11.7 minute mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment