Sunday, December 16, 2012

67 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon

Pinned Image
 
 
Today was a busy day.  I sang 2 full church services for our annual Lessons and Carols services this morning.  It was magical.  It was tiring.  Then I came home to be mom...alone....for the third day in a row....on a weekend.  The kids called their grandparents and invited themselves over to watch the Redskins game.  My mom came to pick the up.  The baby thought he needed to go too.  So, I had the afternoon to myself.  It was cloudy today and cool in my bedroom - PERFECT conditions for a nap.  My house has been neglected the past week or so.  It desperately needed to be cleaned.  I knew that I had at least an hour all alone.  I could have taken a nap or cleaned my house.  Instead, I got into my running clothes and got on my treadmill. 
 
 
I did my warm up walk and got to going.  Last time I started too fast.  I'm not ready for 6.0 on the treadmill.  So, this time I ran at 5.5 for 2:45 and then walked at 4.0.  As I was finishing up my second running interval, I noticed that the treadmill was reporting an insane number of calories being burned.  While I LOVED the number that I was seeing, I was concerned that it may be incorrect.  So, I pressed a button on the treadmill.  It switched to a 9 minute fitness test.  I couldn't figure out how to switch it back.  So I hopped off and turned the treadmill off.
Pinned Image
 
When you turn the treadmill off, it loses its data.  I had gone a half mile into my 3 mile run.  I hadn't set my watch, so I couldn't pick up where I left off.  So, I started over.  I lost that half mile like it never happened.  I kept my 5.5 running speed for 2 miles then I was fighting it and losing so I dropped the speed to 5.3 for the next 3/4 mile.  It was hot.  It was hard.  I was tired.  I really prefer to run outside, but the treadmill will do for short runs.
 
Either way, I got my run in.  I'm glad I did.
 
11 miles next week.
 
Today's Stats:
3.1 miles in 36.36 (11.7 minute mile)
 
(with the lost half mile - 3.6 miles in 42-ish - 11.6 minute mile)
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Just when you think the treadmill is bad- know that I am doing all my runs on it. It's just too cold where I live. It stinks. It messes with your head.. and I can't WAIT for the PHM so I can run outside!! :)

    ReplyDelete