Thursday, December 6, 2012

77 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
Happy St. Nicholas Day!!  My husband's father is from a German family and St. Nicholas Day is a tradition that my husband brought with him when we started celebrating Christmas together.  So, when we woke up this morning, we all had treats in the shoes that we left on the fireplace.  St. Nicholas brought me an iFitness water belt.  Of course, I had to go for a run to check it out.
 
 
Today was only a short run, so I filled one of thee water bottles just to get a sense of how the belt feels with water in the bottles.  I also wanted to see how it felt to pull the water bottles out of the belt and get them back in.  Even though I didn't really need water on this run, I wanted to do a trial so I can use the belt at the 10 miler on Saturday. 
 
When there was an opening in the schedule after lunch, I wanted to sit on the sofa and snuggle under a blanket with my boys.  After 2 days of beautiful, unseasonably warm weather, today is back to being chilly.  My brain told me that I like to run in chilly weather way more than I like to run in warmer temperatures, but my body was telling me to sit on the sofa and take a nap.  Self discipline won and I got dressed and headed out.  (Today would not have been a good day for a finish line picture....I look like a hot mess.  I don't match and my hair is sticking up all over the place.  But, I was out there.)
 
Hubby had to go to work this afternoon, so I only had about 30 minutes.  I did 3 laps around my neighborhood.  The jury is still out on the water belt.   (If you recall, I has some growing pains with the handheld water bottle too.) The belt frees up my hands, which is nice.  The handheld was starting to rub my thumbs during longer runs.  It's not heavy and it doesn't rub or ride up.  I love that there is a big pocket for my phone, keys, and GU Chomps.  I am a little concerned that there won't be enough water on the super long runs.  Each bottle holds 8oz and both bottles together are less than the handheld.  On my last 10 mile run, I drank 2 full  water bottles.  But, my husband reminded me that there will be water stops at a race, so I should be okay. It's a little toasty around my middle.  Not quite sure how I feel about that.   I'm going to keep running with it to see how I like it.
 
For not really wanting to be out there, I am pretty pleased with today's run.  Resting tomorrow in preparation for the Surfin' Santa 10 Miler Saturday morning!
 
Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in 30.16 (11.7 minute mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment