Tuesday, September 18, 2012

156 Days Left

 Pinned Image
 
Man, it was work today.   I woke up excited and ready to go after my 5 miles on Sunday.  I took yesterday off and was looking forward to running today.
 
The stars were not aligned for me this morning.  My good running clothes were in the dirty hamper.  I normally have some tightness in my left hamstring that I can usually run out during the first interval or two.  That tightness decided to stick around today....for the entire run.  Every time my watch beeped to start running again, I felt like I was out of step to get going again.  To top it off, there was traffic that I had to wait for at every single road crossing. 
 
But, I kept at it.  The tightness in my leg did let up a little bit during the last 5 minutes of my run or so.  A kind and sympathetic driver slowed down so I could cross the street at the last crossing.  I came home and did laundry so I can have my favorite clothes for Thursday.  I never fixed the feeling that my timing was off. 
 
My children are crazy today too.  Maybe something in our world is just out of whack.  Thursday will be better.  I will feel better and I will go further and faster.
 
And....if anyone has some good stretches for the muscle that I affectionately refer to as my move your butt muscle, I am open to anything that will loosen it up!
 
Today's stats:
2.8 miles in 37.14 minutes (13.1 minute miles)


No comments:

Post a Comment