Sunday, September 2, 2012

172 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon


Summer Running
 
 
This is all that I am going to say about the weather today.  I just keep reminding myself that it will eventually cool off.  While my Newport friends have nice, crisp mornings to run and I am still running on the surface of the sun, this will shift.  When they are having to do 10 mile runs on the treadmill because it is -9 degrees in January and February, I will still be running outside.....and it may only be crisp.
Today's long run was 4 miles.  I was determined to do the run  that I mapped last week.  I put on my brand new road cone orange running shirt and off I went.  I screwed it up again.  I turned too early and then went straight when I should have turned.  When I got home, I thought I had rocked a 4.3 mile run.  With my finish time, I thought I had run a 12.65 minute mile.  Alas, I mapped what I actually ran when I got home.  The missed turn knocked about a half mile off the route, so I only ran 4.1 miles.  (Ha!  ONLY!)   So, instead of a sub-13 minute mile, I am holding steady at 13.3 minute miles.  Still, I did it.  I didn't cheat the running intervals and my toes didn't fall asleep.  (Side note - I passed the turnaround street for my "short" 2 mile runs coming and going.  It seemed easy today when I knew that I still had pretty far to go and then again when I thought of how far I had been.)  

Next week is a 5 mile run.  I am going to try to run somewhere else.  I obviously can't figure out where to turn on this route so I am giving it up for now.  I will keep the straight part on my short runs because it's pretty easy and straight, but the turns have been banned from the long runs.  

Today's Stats:
4.08 miles in 54.40  (13.3 minute mile)






1 comment:

  1. So sorry you can't enjoy the wonderful weather we are having up here. Try the Great Dismal Swamp Canal Trail.

    http://www.fws.gov/northeast/greatdismalswamp/pdf/generalPU2008noheader.pdf

    Great run.

    ReplyDelete