Monday, September 10, 2012

164 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon

True!
It's official.  I am slow.  Can't blame it on the heat today.  It was a GORGEOUS morning to run.  Can't blame it on the toe.  I didn't even feel it.  Can't blame it on the outfit.  I went and bought new running capris and a running top which I love and match my new running shoes perfectly.  I am just slow.

I came to terms with it this morning.  It's okay to be slow.  Slow gets you across the finish line.  It just takes a littler longer than fast.  Slow is still moving forward.  Slow is still running.  Slow is just slow.  I finished reading a book this weekend.  (Like a real, no kidding book.....with pages......from the library. It was very retro.  I have decided that I miss real books and I will be frequenting the library.)  It was called Marathoning for Mortals.  This is it right here:
Marathoning for Mortals

One of the authors said that he spends so much time on the race course because he is enjoying every second of it and he doesn't want to rush though it.  I am going to try and adopt that attitude.  I have 16 minute miles to finish the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  The person that wins the race will probably finish in a little over an hour.  My time will be closer to 3 hours.  I am running a 12-13 minute mile.  That gives me roughly 39 minutes to enjoy the race.  That's my time to stop and take pictures....to stare up in awe at the castle and know that I am about to run through it....to enjoy the scenery and 15,000 of my closest running friends.  

Maybe I'll get faster.....but maybe I will stay at 12 minute miles.  The fact is, I am out there.  I am running.  I am adding miles every week and I am training for a half marathon.  That makes me pretty awesome.  Slow can be awesome too.

Today's stats:
3 neighborhood laps (just in case the toe started to hurt)
2.58 miles in 33.0 minutes (12.8 minute miles)


And, Jen - I didn't complain about the weather.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!  I loved running in the crispness of the morning.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. All good news! Great job. I think slow is the new fast :)

    ReplyDelete