Thursday, September 6, 2012

168 Days Left


injury and running envy. 

The good news:  My toe is not broken.  (According to my medical degree and webmd.)

It's purple, but it's less purple than it was last night and it's only purple on the top.  The purple part is about 1/2 in below the nail to the bottom of the nail.   The toe is still straight.  (As straight as a toe can get.  I compared it to the same toe on the other foot and neither one is perfectly straight.)

It's sore, but it's not excruciatingly painful.  I can walk on it (in my flip flops).

It's not swollen.

There are no bones poking through the skin.

So.....with all of that wonderful information, Dr. Me has determined that it is NOT broken.  Continue with rest and ice until a running shoe does not hurt.

With that, I will not be running tomorrow.  I will probably not be running my 5 miles on Sunday.  But Monday better watch out.  I'm going to be making a come back.  I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Today's Stats:
ICE and rest

No comments:

Post a Comment