Wednesday, September 5, 2012

169 Days Left


.



It's only Wednesday and this week has been CRAZY!  My big boys started Kindergarten yesterday.  (Don't worry, I didn't cry.....not a single tear!)  But with that, came the waiting that accompanies the first day (or week really) of school.  I waited for the bus in the morning.   I waited for the bus to bring them back in the afternoon.  (That was a WHOLE lot of waiting....)  In the mean time, I took the baby to his Little Gym class.  After school, we had a doctor's appointment....another place where we did a lot of waiting, and t-ball practice for the big boys.  

Today the baby started school.  I knew that I would be busy with a meeting while he was at school so I wouldn't be able to run.  Instead of sitting around wasting time between the bus and drop off, I took the baby to my mom's and I got in a short run.  It was really short.  I'm not even sure if it counts toward training time or miles.  I would have like to go farther and run longer, but I got some running in and that's better than nothing.

In other news, I slipped getting into the shower after my short little run and I may have broken my toe.  The jury is still out on whether it is broken or sprained or jammed.  It's purple and it hurts....a lot.  But, it's not swollen.  I'm going to try Motrin and ice for a few days and hopefully it's a minor setback instead of a break.  I am planning a run again on Friday and then I have 5 miles on Saturday (or Sunday) so it better heal quickly!

Today's Stats:
1.72 miles in 21.14 minutes  (12.3  minute mile!!!)



1 comment: