Sunday, October 28, 2012

116 days Left


 


Pinned Image
Bib#:
  

7428
Overall
Results
Time: 1:22:06
Place: 5748
Finishers: 7264
Age Group
Results
Group:
Female 30 to 34
Place: 611
Finishers: 791
Gender
Results
Gender: F
Place: 3443
Finishers: 4689
The official results from the Wicked 10K were sent via e-mail today.  Seeing these numbers really changed my outlook on my run.  Yep, I was slow.  Yep, I wanted to be faster.  Yep, a lot of people finished the race before me.  But, I finished the race before a lot of people.
 
I finished faster than 1516 people overall.
 
I finished faster than 180 women in my age group.
 
I finished faster than 1246 other women.
 
When I first started running in races, my whole goal was to finish and not be last.  Now that I am running with a time pressure, my goals have changed a little bit.  But, I still consider a run to be a win if I am not last. 
 
Now I am setting my sights on the Turkey Trot.  Maybe the thought of getting home for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be all of the motivation I need to get going faster. 
 
Today's Stats:
No running....recovering from yesterday's race.  Went to bed with a swollen knee and pretty sore legs.  Woke up with a knee back to normal size and a slight, lingering soreness that reminded me that I worked hard yesterday.
 




 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment