Wednesday, October 24, 2012

120 Days Left

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Medal

Look what got released today!  This is the medal for the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  It's rather perfect. 

However, the great medal reveal means that this sucker is getting closer.  4 months from now, I will be running 13.1 miles....for fun....with 15,000 of my closest Princess friends.  

4 months seems like a long time.  120 days is a lot, right?  WRONG!  Let's put the next 4 months into perspective, shall we??

2 of the months include Thanksgiving and Christmas and we ALL know that time fast forwards as soon as the little ghosts and goblins go to sleep after trick or treating on Halloween night.  November and December have the least amount of school days than any other months of the school year...even February and it has 2 or 3 less days.  And then there is Thanksgiving and Christmas craziness to worry about.  It seems like a long time from now...heck, it's not even Halloween yet.  But it's coming and I am going to wake up and it's going to be New Year's Eve and this race will be THIS year instead of NEXT year.

I don't have plane tickets yet.  This trip is 4 months away and I don't have a way to get there.  I check the Southwest website every single day.  Sometimes twice.  I keep hoping to see an amazing drop in ticket prices.  I realize that I am kidding myself.  Prices are expected to go up.  I will probably end up paying out of the nose for my plane tickets if I keep waiting.  Yet, every single day I check.  The prices need to get falling....they only have 4 months left. 

My longest run to date is 7 miles.  7 miles is NOT 13.1.   7 miles is a little over halfway to 13.1.  I have 4 months to DOUBLE my mileage.  That's 16 weeks.  I have to get from 7 to 13.1 in roughly 48 runs.  I only have 48 runs left.  

There are 5 races on my running calendar before I can worry about this race.  I have to rock the Wicked 10K this weekend so I can submit a time to move me on up in the corrals for the Princess. (Cue the theme song to the Jeffersons....you know you were humming it in your head.) If I am not happy with that time, I am going to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, which is a 10K.  I am also running the Busch Garden Christmas Town Dash 8K to prep me for running through a theme park and the Surfin' Santa 10 Miler because I am crazy (10 miles, really??) on consecutive weekends.  I have a racing break to build up some more mileage until February, which is the Virginia Is for Lovers 14K and then it's off to Florida to FINALLY become a princess.  That's a lot of racing in 4 short months.

The only thing I have for a costume is an idea.  I have been registered for this race for 4 months.  I have been thinking about this race for longer than that.  My costume should be done.  Where are the cute singing mice that are going to turn my tattered running clothes into a costume fit for a princess??   Maybe Santa will bring me a costume.

There is a lot to do in the next 120 days (or 16 weeks or 4 months).  It makes me a little frazzled to think about it.  It makes me want to go for a run....only 48 more until race day.

Today's Stats:
I looked at the course map for the Princess Half Marathon.  That was a mental 13.1 miles.  That has to count for something.


No comments:

Post a Comment