Saturday, October 20, 2012

124 Days Until the Disney Princess Half Marathon

Pinned Image
 
Be proud of every step....that's a hard thing to remember when you are trying to remember to breathe or to run with good form, or even to put one foot in front of the other.  But, when I was looking for a gem to put at the top of this post, I came across this and realized that THIS is how I felt during my run this morning.
 
I thought back to the day that I got lost on the same route that I ran today.  I thought back to all of the times when it was hard or when it hurt.  I thought back to the days when I couldn't wait for the watch to beep. 
 
Today was not one of those days.  Today it was "easy."  I mean, it's never easy, but today it wasn't hard.  I got up when it was still dark.  I don't like to run in the dark.  I run alone and it's just not a good idea to run alone in the dark.  So, I waited a bit for the sun to come up.  I had a bagel and a glass of water.  I walked out of the door to the sounds of my family waking up.  I set out for 4 miles.  I decided to tackle the route that I was too stupid to figure out when we first got home to Virginia .  It was cool and quiet and peaceful.  I had a hard time hearing my watch beep for some reason today, so I broke my friend's first rule of running....I looked at my watch.  I did it.  I'm sorry.  But, in my defense, I missed the beep twice in a row.  Anyway, the run felt good.  I saw a hawk land on a branch and then fly away right in front of me.   I passed an older man coming and going.  It seems that his Saturday routine is to walk somewhere for a cup of coffee and then walk home.  I enjoyed seeing the Halloween decorations on all of the houses.  It was a beautiful morning and I enjoyed being out, even if I was running. 
 
This coming week is a race week.  I will get my 2 runs in before the 10K on Saturday.  My past couple of runs have been pretty slow.  I am hoping to find some speed this week.  I intend to submit the time to Disney for a better corral placement.  Hope springs eternal.  Even if I am slow, it's going to be a great run.  I have a cute costume and I will be out there with 9,000 of my closest running friends!  What more could you ask for??
 
 
Today's Stats:
4.37 miles in 55:58 (12.7 minute miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment