Saturday, October 13, 2012

131 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
 
I have twin 5 year old boys who live at my house.  Because I am their mother, sometimes I have the overwhelming urge to spend the day playing with them instead of yelling at them to stop hitting each other.  Today was one of those days.  After they helped their Daddy decorate our house for Halloween, they wanted to play with Mommy while he was finishing some things up.
 
In typical fashion (well, typical at our crazy house), they both wanted to play different games.  One wanted to play football.  That was easy.  We took turns and everybody ran the ball in for a touchdown.  The other one, wanted to race......foot races....running races.  We have discussed my antispeed at length over the past couple of months.  I am just not fast.  I'm not fast when I run far and I am not fast when I run not far.  I am the tortoise, not the hare.  I have come to terms with that. 
 
It doesn't help that my dear middle child (and he is only the middle because he is the younger of the twins.....he has oldest child tendencies) is pretty fast.  He knows it too.  He thought it was fun to beat me.  So, we kept running...and running...and running.  In the middle of the running, the baby woke up and the oldest child wanted to play football again.  So, I would roll a ball to the baby, kick off to the oldest, and then run a race with the middle.  Sometimes everyone would run.  Sometimes everyone would play football. It was CRAZY.  I was so tired.
 
We had a great time.  I have never laughed so much when I was running.  Kids are amazing.  They just run.  Middle child would lose a shoe and just keep running.  He would cut in front of me and laugh hysterically.  If he would slow down a little so I can keep up, I would take him on my long runs.  He's great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment