Tuesday, October 23, 2012

121 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
 
Today was a short run.  I woke up and it was a bit brisk outside, so I threw on my new long sleeved running shirt with the super fun finger holes and got started as soon as my boys got on the bus.  I always forget that I start to get warm after about a mile, but I was stuck with my wardrobe choice once I got started. 
 
I did my 3 laps around the neighborhood at the same time that one of my neighbors walks.  I passed him coming out of a one of the courts while I was starting into it.  My goal was to get past him.  (Yes, I know that he was walking and I was running and walking, and that I should have passed him.)  It took me 2 intervals and about 1/4 mile to get by him, but I was really excited when I did! 
 
The other big excitement is that I got my virtual goody bag for the Wicked 10K in my email yesterday.  There are some great deals that I am looking forward to using - a FREE bowl of tomato and cheese soup from The Baker's Crust, $20 off a Big Night Out at The Melting Pot, Buy One/Get One Free BBQ sandwich from Beach Bully BBQ.  Yummy!!  There are also come yoga coupons and $10 new running shoes.  The virtual goody bag is a great idea!  I can print what I want and save paper by leaving the rest on the computer.  Friday is the Expo for the race and I am looking forward to getting my bib and seeing what they have to offer.
 
Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in 30.0 minutes  (11.6 minute miles)


No comments:

Post a Comment