Thursday, October 25, 2012

119 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
I woke up with grand plans. (I also woke up with a headache, but that is irrelevant to the story to follow.)   I was going to run my 3.5 miles and then come home and start my day.  Well, life happens while you are busy making plans.  The school bus, which is always so early that I am like a drill sargent in my house, was SUPER late because of a substitute driver.  (Karma....be careful what you wish for!)  So, instead of coming at dark 05, the bus came at 7:30.  I am usually finishing up my run at about 7:30.  So, I got a super late start today.  Because of the late start and the need to take a shower, my medium distance run turned into a super short run.  Like 20 minutes short.  Like 1.72 miles short. 
 
But, something is better than nothing.  I didn't want to give up on the run altogether because I am racing this weekend.  (By racing, I mean running in a race, not contending for a victory.  My idea of winning this race is finishing in about an hour and 15 minutes.  If I can do that, then Disney might mistake me for an actual runner and move my starting corral up a little.  The earlier I start, the more time I will have to stop and take pictures on the big day.  See the logic??  Hard work now so I can stop....when the clock is ticking and the slow mobile will be picking up the people who can't keep pace.  Run fast(ish) now to have a time buffer later.)
 
Anyway, I didn't want today to pass without running, even if it was just for a little bit.  I don't want my lungs and legs to forget what they have to do!
 
Next up:  Wicked 10K Expo tomorrow and Wicked 10K on Saturday!!
 
Today's Stats:
1.72 miles in 20.31 minutes (11.8 minute miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment