Thursday, October 4, 2012

140 Days Left

.

I'm sure you have been wondering where I have been this week.  Well, I decided to take the week off. I was tired last week.  Really, really tired.....take a nap every day even though I have three children , a husband, a dog, and a messy house tired.  So, I ran my 8K on Saturday and I gave into life this week.  

Now, there were some other things at work to keep me out my running shoes this week.  First we surprised the kids with a trip to



It was a lot of fun!  I climbed up 4 flights of stairs about a million times.  (Maybe it was slightly less than a million, but it was a lot....sometimes carrying an inner tube.....sometimes carrying 2 inner tubes.)  I decided to count that as hill work.  It may have been a mile worth of stairs.  All the way up for a 30 second ride down.  

Then, I had a headache.  Not a little headache that would go away with some Motrin.  Nope, this was a headache where it hurt to have my eyes open and it throbbed if someone talked to me.  I had it most of yesterday.  I survived 2 choir rehearsals, a class at church, and the end of the Presidential debate.  I went to bed with it throbbing and woke up with it not feeling much better.  So, I went to the commissary....with a screaming 18 month old.  Yep.  That's a sure fire way to get rid of a headache.  

You know what......I miss my running.  I really miss it.  I've enjoyed the rest, but it is time to get back into my schedule.  Saturday is my 7 mile run in preparation for the taper before my 10K at the end of the month.  I'm a little excited about it.  I have some new running clothes (thanks clearance sale at Kohl's!) and some new fueling options to try.  My husband might even ride his bike along with me to keep me company.  (I will pee my pants laugh if he falls over because he has to ride so slowly to stay with me.).   Maybe I will just go by myself.  I was planning to play with my intervals this week, but I may not do that on long run day.  I'll stick with what I know and play with them next week.  

Now...if only this headache would go away.....



No comments:

Post a Comment