Monday, October 8, 2012

136 Days Left

Found this here:  http://slowisthenewfast.com/
Back to our regularly scheduled programming that was on hiatus last week.  Got up, got my running clothes, took the kids to the bus, and did my 3 neighborhood laps.  (You know....my first run of the week route.)

Today was my last morning run before my dear husband goes back to work.  He's been home for a month before he starts his new job and I have taken advantage of him being home by running in the mornings after the big boys get on the bus.  After today, I am going to have to figure something else out.  

You see, I have all 3 kids in school from 9:15am until 11:45am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  That was supposed to be my running time.  Then I started saying yes.  At first it was just volunteering on Mondays in the classroom.  That turned into Wednesdays and Thursdays as well.  Now I only have Friday mornings all to myself.  I am not quite sure what I am going to do.  Maybe I will run in the afternoons.  Maybe I will run in the evenings.  Maybe I will beg the local grandma to watch the little one for 30-45 minutes so I can keep running in the mornings.  I'll figure something out.

In other news, I played with my intervals today.  I dropped down to 1:30/1.  I felt like I was running pretty fast for the minute and a half, but all too soon it was time to walk.  I think that I slowed down overall.  I am going to go back to 2/1 intervals.  They seemed to be working well for me.  So much for trying to cheat the system.  It looks like the only way to run faster is to ACTUALLY run faster.  Who knew!


Today's Stats:
2.58 miles in 31:37  (12.1 minute miles)


No comments:

Post a Comment