Tuesday, October 16, 2012

128 Days Left

Pinned Image
 
Today I don't feel well.  I have caught my first cold of the season.  I have a pretty sturdy immune system (thank you years of teaching germy children) and colds don't usually knock my completely out.  But, I usually get a stuffy nose or a runny nose, some sinus pressure, a headache, and I get really, really bone tired.  That's today.  Because I don't feel well, I didn't want to run.  I wanted to take a nap.   That didn't happen.  So, I went for a run.
 
I decided to take it easy on my run today.  I planned to run 3 laps of the neighborhood with the option to stop after two.  I did a 3 minute warm up and then started into a nice and easy slow run.  I knew it was slow.  I stuck with my 2:1 interval.  Amazingly, it felt GREAT!  The pace was slow enough that I wasn't huffing and puffing.  It was easy to recover on the walking intervals.  My legs didn't get tired.  I found myself enjoying my run today.  I had a good mix of tunes, a good pace, and good breathing.
 
I still had a runny nose.  Of course I forgot to take tissues, so I kept trying to sniff it back in or just wipe it off.  I am super glad that I run by myself because I had the first snot bubble to ever come out of my nose.  It was pretty huge.  It was pretty gross.  Gonna have to remember some tissues on Thursday.
 
 
Today's stats:
2.56 miles in 34.26 (13.3 minute miles)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment